ASI’s focus is on the built environment…
But we’re committed to all aspects of accessibility
To ensure ASI meets the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we follow these practices:
- General: ASI is committed to staff training regarding Ontario’s accessibility laws and accessibility aspects of the Human Rights Code that apply to people with disabilities. Training is provided whenever ASI hires new employees.
- Information and communications: ASI consults with people of disabilities to determine their information and communication needs. As requested, we provide information and communications materials in accessible formats or with communication supports. This includes publicly available information about our goods, services and facilities, as well as publicly available emergency information.
- Employment: ASI accommodates people with disabilities during our recruitment and hiring processes. As required, we will provide employees with customized workplace emergency information. If using performance management, career development, and redeployment processes, we will take into account the accessibility needs of our employees.
Example accessibility initiatives
- ASI office: we selected our office due to its excellent accessibility features including accessible automated entry doors, accessible routes of passage including elevator, and accessible bathrooms.
- ASI written materials: all of our information—whether hard copy or web—is written in plain language so that it specifically addresses our target readers’ needs. We also offer documents in different formats as requested.
- ASI website: we designed our website to follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 so that it is more inclusive for all users. WCAG 2.0 is an internationally accepted standard for web accessibility developed by an international team of experts called the World Wide Web Consortium. For example, some of the ways we’re making our website easy for everyone to use is through plain language writing, colour contrast, adjustable font size, and responsive to mobile devices.
We appreciate any suggestions you may have regarding how we can make our information as accessible as possible. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org