Privacy and protection of information is a top priority
Obtaining personal information:
- It is provided directly to ASI from our customers.
- As needed, while providing our services, additional personal information may be requested.
Collecting personal information:
We collect the following information from our customers:
- Name, address, telephone number
- Gender, medical information, date of birth
- Employer’s name, address, phone number
- Claim/File number, legal counsel information
- Family information
- Interpreter requirements
Using personal information:
ASI may use personal information to:
- Identify an individual.
- Establish and/or maintain file information.
- Ensure accurate records; verify previous information when necessary.
- Create reports and/or generate file information.
- Meet legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Accessing and updating personal information:
- In most cases, amendments and/or updates to personal information can be made at any time.
- Upon written request from authorized individuals, ASI will provide access to personal information.
- ASI will provide an explanation if we are unable to provide access to personal information.
Numerous safeguards and procedures are in place to ensure protection, such as:
- Restricting physical access to our offices and records.
- Passwords and file encryption for online activities.
- Only ASI employees have access as per this policy for the purpose of delivering services.
Retaining personal information:
Duration is based on why the information was collected. ASI keeps the information for as long as we need it to provide services and to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date as required by law or regulations. We destroy information that is no longer needed in accordance with our records management and destruction practices.